My Free Patterns

Friday, October 3, 2014

Lempster Love

Happy Friday to you! I am writing this on Tuesday, and hoping that I am feel ever so much better by the time this posts at the end of the week. I have my first cold of the fall. Bleh. This little guy made us smile though. He was sitting outside the garage chirping away. The pic is taken through a very dirty garage window......but still cute.



What I am very happy about is the Lempter that I've knitted, and blocked, and have put away until winter, because baby, it is warm!


I knit the front and the back with the same cable pattern. There is the option to do the back more simply, but I just couldn't do it. I love the pattern too much!


Pattern:
Lempster (free!) by Norah Gaughan

Yarn:
Cascade 220 Heather 

Mods:
I knit it with long sleeves. I didn't see the point of knitting a super warm sweater in pure wool and not knitting long sleeves. So I did. And I'm super pleased I had enough yarn!

8 comments:

  1. Gosh that is impressive. What a super knit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that center cable! Looks like a medallion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sweater is absolutely STUNNING! You are a wonderful knitter. Love the cables.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely Sweater! I agree a plainer back just would have not done the project as much justice :) It looks awesome!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really beautiful sweater! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous knitting! I do hope you are feeling much much better :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost more than chocolate. Now that is saying something.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...