My Free Patterns

Thursday, August 28, 2014

sometimes, it is just meh

Well, August is winding down, and I think that I only wrote two posts this month. Could that be right? Probably. But I finally am getting things finished, like this Braid Hills Cardigan.


And sometimes, the things I knit, and slave over, and buy extra yarn for, are just, meh. This is one of this projects. Because, in the picture above, it looks OK. In the picture below, is looks so-so

what's that over there, is that a squirrel??

And in the last picture, it looks down-right terrible. It is just too small across the chest. And I knit one size up since it is supposed to be fitted!  I also don't like how short it is, even after I lengthened it.


So I'm not sure what I'll do. It is OK with just a few buttons closed, and I do like the way the shoulders fit. And I like the detail, and the blocking helped the sleeves fit. But, it may just go into the closet and sit there for a while. I'm in no hurry to knit myself a bigger one that fits better. Oh well, I guess you can't win them all.

Pattern: Braid Hills
Yarn: Cascade 220 sport in straw gold (I love the color)

That's it for me. I hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend, we've got some fun planned! See you next week.

 


9 comments:

  1. Oh no! I feel awful that you don't like it. I think it looks beautiful. I do see what you mean where it fits through the bust though. It's a beautiful pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks lovely, would it help if you block it really hard? Like, really really hard? Beautiful cable details <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so so pretty, it's such a shame the sizing didn't work quite right. I know so many people say blocking is the magic cure, but it rarely saves the day for me, sometimes the sweater just is the way it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. While your sweater is lovely, the "meh" factor eventually happens to almost all of us. Perhaps as Cathy suggests, you can reblock it to resolve some of the fit issues you don't care for. After that ... well, I confess I've become a big fan of frogging my own wayward projects. ; )

    Barbara at Knitting | Work in Progress
    http://knittingwip.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a shame! FWIW, I think it looks just fine open, and not too wonky partially buttoned... but I see why it wouldn't be your favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BLock it till it cries out for mercy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Block it until it weeps tears!!!! Or just button the top button and leave the rest undone. I hate how the pattern is obscured in the top two photos because it lays open. But love the color and the look of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You could add snaps where it gaps. You could block the day lights out of it. I would put it in a closet and in a month take it out and decide. I think it looks great on you but if you do not like it you should frog or gift it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the color and the details and completely understand what you mean about the fit.... such a shame, since it's nearly perfect. Sometimes the nearly perfect ones are the most depressing.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost more than chocolate. Now that is saying something.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...